Table of Contents
Take a look at any how-to guide for keeping the skin healthy and radiant, and you’ll discover that wearing sunscreen is an inevitable aspect of any routine. Whether it’s a hot summer day or a cold winter morning, UV radiation can sneak into exposed skin even while you’re inside. In this article, I will show you the best Korean Physical Sunscreens.
The correct sun protection cream or lotion will protect you from tanning and radiation and help prevent lines, reduce wrinkles, pigmentation, and skin cancer. Because you’re reading this, chances are you already know the need for SPF, so the actual issue here is which of the many varieties of sunscreen on the marketplace should you choose?
After days of searching review sites all over the web, we’ve found a winner as obvious as a bright day — Korean mineral sunscreen!
Like a skincare enthusiast, you’ve most likely experienced or heard about the miracles of K-Beauty. The hype is obvious; nowhere does it shine brighter than in the category of – you guessed it – sun protection. We love Korean physical sunscreens because they provide your skin with the broad-spectrum protection it needs in the form of zinc oxide, titanium oxide, or both.
Aside from preventing permanent skin damage, their particular ingredients highlight texture and effectiveness, making them simple to apply at the dermatologist-recommended frequency of every 2-3 hours. If you’re a lover of Korean beauty, you’re probably aware that Korean skincare sunscreen, as well as products, are both inventive and effective.
This also holds true for Asian mineral sunscreens. Forget about the past’s thick and chalky Korean physical sunscreen formulations. Korean physical sunscreens are now packed with protective skincare ingredients and have an elegant texture to blend into the skin with a minimum white cast.
Best Korean Mineral Sunscreens
So, without further hesitation, here’s our list of the top 12 Korean physical sunscreens for 2021.
Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ / PA++
Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ / PA+++ by Etude House is a mineral-based sunscreen with many skin benefits. Not only does it protect against the sun with SPF50+ PA+++ mineral sunscreen protection in the form of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, but it also helps reduce oil production and brightens the skin tone.
With a PA+++ rating, this Korean sunscreen spf 50 provides excellent UVA protection. This lightweight liquid sunscreen is ideal for oily and combination skin types since it absorbs quickly without leaving a white cast on the skin.
This Korean physical sunscreen’s lightweight matte formula is especially great for acne-prone skin. While this sunscreen contains scent, it is free of talc, mineral oils, animal ingredients, and colors. It dries to a matte look and is excellent for use under makeup.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: A wound-healing, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory antioxidant. It stimulates hyaluronic acid production in the skin while also moisturizing it.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: A plant extract rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals that are employed in Korean traditional medicine. It has anti-inflammatory as well as healing properties.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: This extract from the Aloe Vera plant contains soothing and moisturizing effects and anti-inflammatory and wound-healing capabilities.
- Fruit Extract of Terminalia Ferdinandiana: This extract is an antioxidant that helps to lighten the skin.
- Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract: This prickly pear extract moisturizes, soothes, and protects the skin.
Dr. G Green Mild Up Sun SPF50+/PA++++
This is a hypoallergenic Korean physical sunscreen that contains 100 percent zinc oxide to protect the skin. The non-sticky, lightweight formula protects against damaging UV rays and blue light. Its mild ingredients are great for those with sensitive skin.
With a PA++++ rating, this zinc oxide sunscreen provides amazingly high UVA protection. This mineral sun lotion is light and hydrating on the skin. It not only offers sun and blue light protection, but it also includes various ingredients to maintain the skin barrier, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: An antioxidant with anti-inflammatory, relaxing, and wound healing properties.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract: An extract used in Chinese medicine containing polyphenolic flavonoids with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
- Safflower Seed Oil: A fatty acid and vitamin E-rich plant oil.
- Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract: Commonly known as Pycnogenol, this extract has antioxidant effects and helps in moisture retention and elasticity.
- Phytosphingosine: A lipid found in the skin’s top layers possesses antibacterial properties.
- Ceramide EOP: Ceramide EOP, often known as Ceramide 1, includes linoleic acid, an important fatty acid that helps to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Ceramide NP: Helps in retaining moisture in the skin, resulting in better hydration; when combined with Ceramide EOP, efficacy is increased.
- Ceramide AP: Helps in skin hydration. Ceramides are lipids present in the top layers of skin that are thought to be the skin’s building blocks because they hold skin cells together and keep skin hydrated.
MISSHA Waterproof Sun Milk SPF50+/PA+++
Another botanical miracle from the K-Beauty pioneers, this Korean physical sunscreen is the epitome of gel-based sunscreens. It spreads quickly and settles to a transparent, clear finish that fades in the skin so quickly that you forget to use sunscreen. The formula is simple to include in any skincare routine and works great when paired with your favorite moisturizer.
In addition to eucalyptus leaf extract, which helps keep your skin supple, green tea is the real star. It is an anti-aging ingredient with anti-inflammatory benefits that can help you avoid skin concerns such as rosacea and acne. Lastly, the sunscreen’s natural barrier complex completes the deal by holding water and making it more resilient to environmental harm.
LabNo Cicaloe Relief Sun Milk SPF50+ PA++++
The LabNo Cicaloe Relief Sun Milk SPF50+ PA++++ is liquid sun milk incorporating titanium dioxide as mineral sunscreen. With a PA++++ rating, this Korean sunscreen provides extremely excellent UVA protection. This light sunscreen has soothing ingredients that make it excellent for sensitive skin. It is suitable for use with makeup, does not create a white cast, and does not dry out the skin as certain mineral sunscreens do.
- Madecassoside: An ingredient present in Centella Asiatica extract that has been shown to have antioxidant properties, promotes collagen expression, preserves the skin barrier, and helps in irritation protection.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: Korean plant extract is high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and it also has anti-inflammatory and healing effects.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Commonly known as green tea extract, this antioxidant provides UV protection and anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: A plant extract with soothing and moisturizing properties, as well as anti-inflammatory and wound-healing qualities.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract: Has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties; therefore, it calms and relieves irritation.
Make P:Rem UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Fluid SPF 50+ PA++++
Make P:Rem UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Fluid SPF 50+ PA++++ is a Korean physical sunscreen that can be used on both the face and the body. It provides UVA and UVB protection without leaving a sticky or oily residue. With a PA++++ rating, this Korean physical sunscreen made of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide provides extremely effective UVA protection.
This is a non-nano solar fluid that comes in a large container and can be used on your whole body. This is the best Korean sunscreen for the body. The sunscreen components are at least 100nm in size to limit the chance of absorption by the skin. It has a lightweight and thin texture. This is Korean sunscreen for sensitive skin. Furthermore, the white cast is extremely light.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Moisturizes and plumps the skin by attracting 1,000 times its own weight in water.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract: Including its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties, this extract calms and soothes the skin.
- Marrubium Vulgare: A skin-soothing and skin-protecting plant extract.
- Soothes, hydrates, and conditions the skin using Gossypium Herbaceum Extract.
- Panthenol: Panthenol is also known as provitamin B5. It helps to maintain the skin’s barrier, hydrates it, and has anti-inflammatory and healing effects.
- Madecassoside: An ingredient of Centella Asiatica extract, it protects against irritation, helps to sustain the skin barrier, and has antioxidant effects.
Etude House Soon Jung Mild Defence Sun Cream SPF49/PA++
This Etude House bestseller is specially formulated for individuals with sensitive skin and gives inorganic protection against sunburns and dust pollution. The lightweight, creamy, non-sticky texture feels like it’s hardly there, making it a breeze to reapply sunscreen throughout the day as needed.
Its hypoallergenic formulation, which contains stars such as panthenol and madecassoside, provides immediate relief to the pores without clogging them or creating allergic responses in contrast to the former, which acts as a humectant to keep the skin hydrated and helps to avoid roughness. Because of its low pH factor, this formulation is a real blessing for those with sensitive skin.
Self Beauty Airlasting Probiotics Worry-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++
Self Beauty Airlasting Probiotics Worry-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ is a mineral-based sunscreen containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, as well as probiotics, that protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation. With a PA++++ certification, it provides exceptionally good UVA protection.
It is a lightweight, non-comedogenic product that will not clog pores. It has no comedogenic chemicals such as benzophenone, triethanolamine, or phenoxyethanol. This Korean physical sunscreen is oil-free, leaving your skin matte rather than shiny, oily, or sticky. It’s also quick-absorbing and won’t leave a white cast.
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract: It is also known as a marigold extract. Plant extracts have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract: Houttuynia Cordata is a plant native to Southeast Asia. A plant extract with humectants for hydration, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
- Vitamin E: It is an antioxidant with emollient qualities that soften the skin and provide UVB protection.
Etude House UV Double Cut Mineral Filter Sun Cream
The zinc oxide and titanium dioxide in Etude House UV Double Cut Mineral Filter Sun Cream give SPF50+/PA++++ UV radiation protection. Top Korean sunscreens particularly protect against blue light reflected by smartphones and monitors, which can harm the skin.
With a PA++++ rating, this Korean physical sunscreen provides exceptionally excellent UVA protection. This fragrance-free Korean sunscreen blends in effortlessly, and the white tint disappears rapidly.
- Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract: Cardiospermum Halicacabum is also known as the balloon plant. Contains anti-inflammatory effects and helps in the protection of the skin from irritation and redness.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that offers photoprotection against the sun’s UVB rays.
Benton Mineral Sun Cream SPF50+/PA++++
Benton Mineral Sun Cream SPF50+/PA++++ is made with non-nano filters to soothe sensitive skin. In the way of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, this broad-spectrum sunscreen provides the greatest amount of UV protection in Korea.
With its PA++++ rating, it offers extremely excellent UVA protection. The sunscreen’s protection lasts around 12 hours. It also helps in skin brightening and elasticity. This sunscreen has a slightly acidic pH of 6, which is comparable to healthy skin.
It’s also waterproof Korean sunscreen, providing a coating protecting the skin from UV rays. This sun cream moisturizes the skin while reducing oiliness. It starts out white but rapidly absorbs into the skin without leaving a white cast.
- Niacinamide: It is a multi-benefit active that has anti-aging and brightening properties as well as helping to strengthen the protective barrier.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea): A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: This component is derived from the licorice plant. It is both soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Tea Tree Leaf Extract: It has antibacterial and acne-fighting qualities.
- Tocopherol: Commonly known as pure vitamin E, this antioxidant protects the skin from UV rays.
Innisfree Tone Up No Sebum Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++
The Innisfree Tone Up No Sebum Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ is a light sunscreen product that controls excess sebum while keeping your skin soft, smooth, and matte. Best Korean SPF 50+ PA++++ broad-spectrum sunscreen protection is provided by zinc oxide and titanium oxide. The sunscreen’s sebum control powder produces a silky smooth matte look and works effectively to keep oil at bay all day.
This Korean sunscreen spf 50 is ideal for normal to oily skin and has a little pink hue that fades after use. This sunscreen can also be used as a primer under makeup to hide imperfections. This Innisfree sunscreen is the best Korean sunblock for oily skin! Please keep in mind that this Korean face sunscreen contains fragrance.
- Witch Hazel Leaf Water: Similar to witch hazel extract, witch hazel leaf water has antioxidant, astringent, and antibacterial properties.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Hydrates and plumps the skin.
- Tea Tree Leaf Extract: This extract controls excess sebum production.
Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion Sport SPF50
Unlike other sunscreens, this one will not leave a white cast or melt off no matter how much time you stay outside. It contains kukui seed oil, which is widely used to build the skin barrier and repair sunburns, and coconut oil, which is well-known for binding formulae to the skin for longer periods. The natural coconut vanilla smell keeps you cool and refreshed even on the hottest days.
Another characteristic that makes this Korean mineral sunscreen popular among athletes is that it is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. The lotion is completely vegan and contains no parabens or synthetic scents that are harmful to marine life. So, all the safety and none of the stress!
Some By Mi Truecica Mineral 100 Calming Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA++++
Some By Mi Truecica Mineral 100 Calming Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA++++ is a non-nano mineral suncream that is lightweight and creamy, containing 85 percent moisturizing essence. With SPF 50+ PA++++ protection, it produces a lightweight film on the skin to deflect damaging UV rays while leaving the skin smooth, hydrated, and plump. This three-in-one sun cream Korean provides UV protection, whitening, and anti-wrinkle benefits.
- Artemisia Princeps Extract: Soothes and moisturizes the skin.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Water: This water soothes and protects sensitive skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: An anti-inflammatory with antioxidants that offer protection from environmental stressors that promote premature aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Niacinamide: Brightens the skin and supports the fading of dark spots while also decreasing redness. It also increases collagen production, which helps in the keeping of firm and elastic skin.
This sunscreen has a whitish shade that disappears after being rubbed into the skin because of the orange peel or lavender essential oils in the formula. It has no artificial colors or fragrances, making it suitable for those with sensitive skin who are easily irritated.
Which sunscreens are better, mineral or chemical?
Mineral sunscreens are usually considered to be the superior and healthier choice between the two types. Mineral sunscreens are like a nutritious, home-cooked dinner, while Korean chemical sunscreens are like fast food in the sunscreen industry.
Do dermatologists recommend mineral or chemical sunscreen?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, mineral sunscreen is preferred over chemical sunscreen when you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Mineral sunscreens from Korea are available in a number of different formulations. These Korean physical sunscreens are available in a variety of forms that are suitable for use under makeup and are made with skin-nourishing ingredients.
You’ll get powerful physical sun protection in an advanced Korean formula no matter which Korean physical sunscreen you pick from a variety of options.
If you want to know about Can You Use Glycolic Acid and Vitamin C Together? check out this post.