Table of Contents
Try using a highlighter to make your skin look more radiant and draw attention to specific features of your face. There are powdered, cream, and liquid forms available. You can use eyeshadow as a highlighter if you don’t want to shell out the cash for a specific product. It’s cheaper than a highlighter and offers a wide range of colors but serves similar to a highlighter. So, use eyeshadow as highlighter to draw attention to your cheekbones, open up your eyes, and give yourself a healthy, youthful sheen.
How To Use Powder Eyeshadow As Highlighter?
To get the desired “highlight” effect with eyeshadow, you should choose two shades lighter than what you would normally apply to your face. Avoid using an eyeshadow that is the same shade as your foundation, and use two shades lighter than your complexion.
- If you have exceptionally fair skin and no lighter shades are available, you should use the lightest shade with a glittery finish.
- If your skin is naturally dark, don’t wear icy colors. Instead, choose warmer colors like rose gold or bronze.
Choose a shade that complements your skin’s natural undertones. Choose colors like pearly pink or icy champagne if you have chilly undertones. Avoid icy eyeshadows if you want to avoid giving your skin a greyish tone. To avoid this, try using hues with a hint of peach or golden shimmer. If your undertones are neutral, you have more flexibility to experiment and find what you like best.
To play around with different sparkly colors, try using eyeshadows as highlighters. Subtle pearlescent finishes can provide a soft glow, while high-impact glittery finishes are perfect for a night on the town.
- Choose two shades lighter products than your skin tone as a general rule, but play around with the amount of shimmer you apply to achieve various looks.
Use a fluffy powder brush or a highlighter brush to apply the powder. Avoid using an eye shadow brush since it will create a harsh line instead of a seamless one.
- Eyeshadow powders sold in compacts and pots are the most common types. As a result, the most variety of tones and shades will be found in powdered formulations.
- We recommend trying a powdered eyeshadow formula first if you have oily skin or want to play around with a wide variety of highlighter looks.
Put some sparkly color on your cheeks. Using a highlighter on your cheekbones can make your face look more defined. Applying it to the skin below the cheekbones makes your face look radiant and healthy. Put the shadow on your cheekbones or just above them. Lift the top part of your cheeks to give your face the most definition. Use a fluffy brush to spread the shadow from your cheeks bones (lower the eyes) to your temples.
- It is not necessary to use a specific formula to get the perfect look; nevertheless, many people find that using a cream or liquid solution results in the most natural-looking glow.
- Highlight after applying foundation but before applying blush for the most natural appearance.
Brighten up your eyes. Eye-level highlighter application has a dual purpose. It has the same concealing effect as applying it under your eyes, removing those pesky dark circles. When applied to the inner corners of the eyes, it creates the appearance of an “opening up” or a more awakened and revitalized facial expression.
- Apply it to one or both places, as desired, then blend it to achieve a seamless look.
- Applying a highlighter directly above and below your brow bones will “raise” your eyes and draw attention to them.
Applying a highlighter to the bridge of the nose can make it appear thinner. Put some glittery eyeshadow along your nose bridge. Then, on the bridge and sides of your nose, use a color two to three tones darker than your complexion. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly, so the final result looks flawless and natural.
- To finish off your dewy appearance, apply a small amount of highlighter to the center of your cupid’s bow, which is the area just above your upper lip.
I hope you love this article on how to use eyeshadow as a highlighter and find it helpful. Also, you may be interested to read about the best eyeshadow palettes.