Yes, micellar water is a safe and effective way to clean eyelash extensions. While micellar water infused with oil can damage the lash adhesive, a water-based solution is totally safe. You can also use eyelash extension cleansers. Lash extensions are presently the most popular way to keep your lashes looking long and voluminous 24 hours a day.
Lash extensions are expensive, both in terms of money and in terms of time. In this tutorial, we will teach how to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water. When you clean your eyelashes daily for three to four weeks, you will maintain the strength of your lashes as well as make it simpler for your lash specialist to place a fresh fill.
How To Clean Eyelash Extensions with Micellar Water
If you use mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, or any other sort of eye makeup, the following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to properly remove them while keeping your eyelash extensions with micellar water.
- To begin, use the micellar water to remove makeup from around the eyes and avoid directly touching the fake lashes.
- After that, get an excellent brush to apply the micellar water carefully to your eyelash extensions. Go for a lint-free, fluffy, and soft makeup brush.
- Now, delicately dab a few drops of micellar water onto various parts of your eyelashes using the makeup brush.
- Gently brush the micellar water into the lash extensions from above and below.
- Avoid forcefully scrubbing or rubbing your lashes while cleaning them, as this might damage the lash adhesive and cause your eyelash extensions to come out prematurely.
- Then, a mascara wand is required to detangle the eyelashes. To do so, carefully comb the mascara wand upwards from the bottom of the lashes.
- Utilize a tiny fan while combing lashes with a mascara brush to speed up the drying process.
- Once finished, there is no need to wipe away the micellar water suggested for eyelash extensions since it is oil- and residue-free.
- Always do a patch test on a less visible area of the body to see whether you are allergic to any of the micellar water’s components before using it regularly.
- Keep in mind that you should refrain from using the product if you get stinging or burning feelings. If an allergic reaction occurs, immediately rinse the product with water.
Micellar Water For Eyelash Extensions
Here are a few best micellar water for lash extensions on the market:
Garnier Micellar Water
When wearing lash extensions, the holy grail of micellar waters is Garnier oil-free micellar water (the pink one). You may apply it straight on your lash extensions if you’re using eyeliner or mascara.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
Bioderma Sensibio makeup remover is a favorite of celebrities such as Kourtney Kardashian, Sophie-Ellis, Victoria Beckham, and others. It’s an oil-free makeup remover that’s ideal for those with sensitive skin. It is a fragrance-free cleanser that washes the skin without the need for oil or rinsing.
La Roche-Posay Makeup Removal Gel
This micellar water is designed specifically for sensitive skin. It’s a soothing cleanser gel that leaves an ice aftereffect without the need for rubbing or washing. The good news is that La Roche-Posay does not contain any alcohol, oil, or parabens.