Today’s post is about how to soften (lighten) dark eyebrows. Here is a process of lightening brow hair with bleach.
How to Lighten Dark Eyebrows With Bleach
Bleach is an excellent tool for lightening dark eyebrows. Eyebrow bleach is a beauty product that may be found at beauty stores or at your local hairdressing salon. To use, follow these steps:
- Keep your hair in place. To avoid bleaching stray hairs, keep the hair away from your face when bleaching your eyebrows. Use a hair tie or band to keep the hair out of your face.
- Cleanse your face. Wash your face and brows thoroughly with a facial cleanser or micellar water. To ensure that the bleach adheres to your brows, remove any makeup, dust, or grease from the forehead and eyes.
- Prepare your bleaching mixture. If you properly follow the directions, you should get a medium-thick mixture that you may apply with a cotton bud.
- Do a patch test. Apply a small amount of the bleach mixture to your jaw and leave it for a few seconds. If the bleach hurts your skin, use sensitive skin brow bleach instead.
- Apply the mixture to your eyebrow hairs with care. You might brighten your brows or remove stray hairs above or between your eyebrows. Typically, the product will have an applicator comparable to a mascara brush. Work gently to cover your brows completely, but avoid getting any bleach paste too close to the eyes.
- Most brow bleaches need you to keep it on your brows for 2 minutes. To avoid over-bleaching, keep an eye on the timer.
- Take out the bleach. When the timer goes off, remove the bleach with a damp, warm washcloth.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser after rinsing the bleach to eliminate any remaining signs of bleach.
Tips for Lightening Your Brows
The following recommendations can help you effectively lighten the hue of your brows, whether you use bleaching or another lightening method:
- Choose the appropriate color. Some stylists recommend bleaching your brows a shade lighter than your hair color, but you may play around with different hues to determine which one you prefer.
- If you’re using a commercial bleach product, don’t keep it in for any extended than the instructions suggest. Instead of producing a lighter tone, bleach will begin producing an orange or reddish shade.
- One shade at a time, progress. When lightening your eyebrows, whether you have black hair, brown hair, or blonde hair, start with a single shade lighter than your hair. If it doesn’t seem light enough, you can always try a lighter shade. This method is gentler on the hair and may help you avoid undesirable shades or colors.
- Do not shape your brows. To avoid irritation, wait 24 hours after lightening to use tweezers or eyebrow shaping tools on your brows.
How Can I Make My Brows Fade Faster?
A regular cleaner and a cotton pad work great for removing any remaining color and excess color from the brow hairs. Soak a cotton pad in a cleanser and gently run it through your brows. Repeat this process in the morning and evening, and the color will fade faster.