Table of Contents
For those who are caught up with permed hair, there is an easy way to get rid of it! At the very least, you should wait a month before trying to straighten your perm hair. How to straighten permed hair permanently?
Some people go to a salon to get a sleek, straightened hairdo, but salons can be costly. Here’s a method for doing so at home for those who wish to straighten their permed hair permanently. So, let’s begin…
How To Straighten Permed Hair Permanently?
Using a perming kit, you can undo the chemical procedure that caused the perm to set and be removed permanently using a perming kit. Begin to condition your hair before using a perming kit. Do this a day before you intend to utilize the equipment, if possible.
How To Give Deep Conditioning To The Hair?
- Shampoo your hair and then dry it with a towel. Separate your hair into 4 to 6 parts using a comb, for thicker hair will need more sections.
- Apply the conditioner one part at a time to your hair. Begin at the root and move up. Take a shower cap and cover your hair after you’re done. Heat your hair. Using a hood dryer set to medium heat for 20 minutes is an option. Alternatively, you can use the dryer and a towel to dry your hair for 20 minutes if you don’t have a hood dryer handy.
- Take off the shower cap, and then rinse your hair with lukewarm water after you’ve finished applying heat to it. After towel drying your hair, brush and style it as usual.
Apply Wave Lotion
Before using the perm kit, make sure you wash your hair well. Then apply the perm kit’s waving lotion.
- When your hair is damp, style your hair as usual. Make a side part or, if you have bangs, comb them forward. Use a towel to keep the wave lotion off the face if needed.
- Brush your hair well with lotion. To complete the process, use a wide-tooth comb. Comb your hair for about 10 minutes, or until it is entirely saturated with the wave lotion.
- In the mirror, examine your hair. Hopefully, the curls will begin to loosen. You may need to comb your hair for an additional 5 minutes if this doesn’t work.
Wash Out Wave Lotion
Rinse your hair once your curls have begun to unfurl. Wash your hair for at least three minutes with hot water in this procedure. Make sure you remove all of the lotions from your hair.
Blot Out The Water And Apply a Neutralizer
Blot your hair to remove any extra moisture. Squeeze your hair under the towel if required. However, avoid rubbing the hair as it can damage it. Apply the neutralizer to dry hair.
Repeat the steps you took with the waving lotion. After you’ve finished, rinse the neutralizer with hot water. It takes longer to rinse the neutralizer than the waving lotion. Wash well for at least 5 minutes.
Pat your hair dry when you’ve finished with the neutralizer. If the procedure is effective, you should have straighter hair and some perms removed. And follow the hair conditioner treatment. Read about Is A Perm Bad For Your Hair?