One of the most noticeable elements that everyone looks at is one’s hairstyle. Whether a guy or a woman, a stylish hairstyle may make them seem chic. People nowadays experiment with various hairstyling techniques in salons to get flawless hair.
Perming is a technique that adds volume and enhances curls, resulting in a trendy appearance. The smoothing of hair, air drying, dyeing, etc., are other methods of changing one’s look. Many individuals question when I can dye my hair after a perm.
After perming your hair, you should wait at least seven days and up to two weeks before coloring it. I would recommend waiting around 15 days before coloring your hair after perming. It is usually advised to seek guidance from your hairstylist on this matter.
Since your stylist is very familiar with the texture and health of your hair, he or she will be able to provide you with the proper advice. When doing any sort of hair treatment, it is vital to use care. Otherwise, you risk losing the usual texture of your hair, drying it out, and even causing split ends.
Which Process, Coloring the Hair or Perming the Hair, Should Be Done First?
If you want to perm your hair, I would recommend that you do it first and then color your hair 10 to 15 days after. Otherwise, perming may cause color loss. Ensure that you wash your hair at least once after perming before coloring. If you also want a good haircut, you should get one before perming and dyeing your hair.
Certainly, a haircut may offer you a new appearance, and the hair color will compliment your haircut. Always select a hairstyle that suits your face shape since hairstyles may emphasize facial features.
Tips on How to Care for Your Hair After Coloring or Perming
As perming and dyeing your hair needs a variety of substances and tools, they might cause harm to your hair. However, do not worry. Take proper care of your hair to prevent damage.
For Permed Hair
- Do not tie up your hair or wash it for 48 hours.
- Cover your hair before leaving home.
- Utilize shampoos and conditioners designed specifically for permed hair.
- Condition your hair without fail to maintain its smooth and silky texture.
- Try to avoid brushing your hair for approximately a week to allow it to set.
For Colored Hair
- Use the provided conditioner to clean your hair.
- Do not wash just after dyeing your hair.
- Always attempt to use a color-protecting shampoo for longer-lasting color.
- Deep conditioning is vital for maintaining silky, smooth hair.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Avoid dyeing your hair regularly.
Hot oil treatment is ideal for producing healthy hair that is also shiny. If you have your hair treated, you should do your best to avoid washing it in chlorinated water since this might cause your hair to become dry. A healthy diet may also greatly enhance the feel of your hair. So, make it a point to include vitamins and fiber in your everyday diet.